Sunday, October 16, 2016

With all prayer and petition.

Eph6:18 With all prayer and petition pray [with specific requests] at all
times [on every occasion and in every season] in the Spirit, and with this
in view, stay alert with all perseverance and petition [interceding in
prayer] for all God’s people.

"What can I pray for you about?" should be more than just words spoken in
passing. They should be words spoken from the heart, meant to be taken
seriously and performed with purpose. Recently, I have been in the midst of
many trials, tribulations and battles. Some I feel like I am persevering
through, and in some, I feel like I have failed. People ask, Christian's
and worldly, "How are you doing?" Lately, my response has been, "Do you
want me to tell you the truth or do you want me to lie to you? If I lie to
you, it will make you feel better." Many respond with, "Lie to me." Many
warriors are going through battles that they do not know how to deal with
and will never talk about to another person. May we pray fervently for
God's people, especially those that are on the front lines. Sometimes, the
ones that we see as the strongest in battle, the ones that are there for
everyone else, are the ones that need encouragement the most.


Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment