Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Are You A Bond Servant? James 1:1

James 1 NASB

Testing Your Faith
1 James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.

"The passion of Christianity comes from deliberately signing away my own rights and becoming a bond servant of Jesus Christ. Until I do that, I will not begin to be a saint." Oswald Chambers

The term "bond servant" used in the Bible means to voluntarily give up all your rights to become a personal servant of the master. It is done out of love and devotion and no payments or benefits are expected in return. 

Can you honestly say you are a bond servant of Christ? I don't know that I can say I am. It seems to me that title is reserved to those who are actively serving in ministry. Pastors, missionaries, monks and clergy have dedicated their lives to serving and teaching others.

Do I trust God explicitly with my life? Yes. Do I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins? Yes. Do I look for opportunities daily to share the Gospel and show others God's love for them? Yes. Do I follow all the teachings of Jesus all the time? That's where I fall short. If I did I guess I would be perfect. 

Some day I will be perfect. But on that day I will be in the presence of the Lord and the corruption of this world will no longer contaminate me. 

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment