Monday, October 3, 2016

What Do You Want On Your Tombstone? Psalm 23:6a

Psalm 23 NASB
6a Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life.

God is goodness and loving kindness, among many other attributes. When we follow Christ, goodness and loving kindness flow into us from  the Spirit of God. It happens as a result of our genuine love, trust and dependence on Him. 

Goodness and mercy should flow from us too. It should be a direct result of receiving blessings from God, because we are blessed , we should be a blessing to others. 

Except from "A Shepherd's Look at Psalm 23" by W. Phillip Keller
"Do I leave a trail of sadness or of gladness behind? 
Is my memory, in other people's minds entwined with mercy and goodness, or would they rather forget me all together?
Do I deposit behind me blessing behind me, or am I a bane to others? Is my life a pleasure to people or a pain?
Sometimes it is profitable to ask ourselves such simple questions as:
Do I leave behind peace in lives-or turmoil?
Do I leave behind forgiveness-or bitterness?
Do I leave behind contentment-or conflict?
Do I leave behind flowers of joy -or frustration?
Do I leave behind love-or rancor?
Some people leave behind such a sorry mess whereby they go. That they prefer to cover their tracks wherever they go."

Wow, that got me thinking.....What about you?

Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment