Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Do you desire to be obedient at all times to Gods plan?

Jonah1:1 Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai,
saying,2 “Go to Nineveh, that great city, and proclaim [judgment] against
it, for their wickedness has come up before Me.” 3 But Jonah ran away to
Tarshish to escape from the presence of the Lord [and his duty as His
prophet].

Obedience is better than sacrifice. God speaks in many different ways to
people. Sometimes it is perfectly clear as to what He wants us to do,
sometime we are nudged to do something and other times we come to
understand by someone else's leading. Jonah heard it clear as to what he
was called to do and made a conscious decision not to obey and go
completely the opposite direction. I know that there have been times in my
life that God spoke to me, not as a loud powerful voice that the world
could hear, but a still small voice with clear direction. Sometimes I
listen and other times I try to avoid what He has called me to do. I desire
to be obedient at all times and surrender to God's plan, purpose and timing
of events for my life. I will always wonder what blessings I may have
missed by not doing the things that God has asked me to do. How about you?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment