Saturday, October 29, 2016

2 Corinthians 12 Are you someone's spiritual father?

14Here for this third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not be a burden to you; for I do not seek what is yours, but you; for children are not responsible to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. 15I will most gladly spend and be expended for your souls. If I love you more, am I to be loved less?

Paul in his third letter to the church in Corinth explains to them he is not after their money but their souls. He tells them he is their spiritual father and makes provision for his children spiritual needs.

"Paul felt like a father toward the church in Corinth; and he was willing, therefore, to labor for them without compensation."
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/2_corinthians/12-14.htm

Paul desired their love and respect but as a diligent worker for Christ he expected nothing in return.

As workers for Jesus we should strive to be like Paul. As a parent seeks to train up a child, out of love for them without expecting anything in return. Spiritual salvation is the goal of the Father. Show them the way, and allow God to perform surgery on their hearts.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment