Saturday, October 1, 2016

Whom do you love and serve first?

Deut13:4 You shall walk after the Lord your God and you shall fear [and
worship] Him [with awe-filled reverence and profound respect], and you
shall keep His commandments and you shall listen to His voice, and you
shall serve Him, and cling to Him. Mark12:30 and you shall love the Lord
your God with all your heart, and with all your soul (life), and with all
your mind (thought, understanding), and with all your strength.

There are many things that people associate with that are not bad, but can
become a distraction from what God has called us to be and to do. I have
seen many get caught up in jobs, family, hobbies, country, politics, etc.
and forget Whom they are to love and serve first. Remembering God, Jesus,
Holy Spirit in everyday life seems to be an afterthought. Jesus is not a
part of my life, He is my life. I am alive today because what God did in my
life and I want everyone to know Him. I pledge allegiance to the Bible,
God’s Holy Word, I will make it a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my
path and will hide its words in my heart that I might not sin against God.
In precious Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment