Saturday, October 1, 2016

Pray for those who mistreat you!

Luke6:27 “But I say to you who hear [Me and pay attention to My
words]:Love [that
is, unselfishly seek the best or higher good for] your enemies, [make it a
practice to] do good to those who hate you, 28 bless *and* show kindness to
those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

By what I see in the scriptures, there will probably be more people in hell
than in heaven. If Christians truly believe that hell is as bad as the
Bible says, then we would not even our worst enemies to go there. Prayer is
God's way to help others and at the same time helps each of us find a way
to make peace with our past and the situations that have scarred us.
Everyone has probably gone through something that wasn't good. We have a
choice to be better or bitter. In my own life I can think of people that
have hurt me in such a way that I never want to see them again here on
earth. But I do pray that they surrender their lives to Jesus and that they
allow God to show them the same love and forgiveness that He has shown me.
I pray that Holy Spirit touches their lives and changes them from the
inside out.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment