Thursday, October 27, 2016

2 Corinthians 12 Do you have a thorn?

A Thorn in the Flesh

      7Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!8Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. 9And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 10Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ’s sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.


Paul had a thorn in the flesh. No one knows what it was but some suspect it was his eyes due to being blinded by Jesus on the road to Damascus. But we just don't know.
Gods reply was, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”
Throughout the Bible God used the weak to confound the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Mans nature is to be boastful. If we have a gift from God then wouldn't we would tend to boastful about it?

God gave Paul a thorn to remind him not to be boastful. So Paul accepted his thorn and became content in his weakness, in his weakness he was strong.

What about you? Do you have a thorn? Do you have a illness? You can pray about it to God, and if His will doesn't take away your thorn, maybe He is trying to tell you the same thing He told Paul?
Keep strong in your faith and remember this promise;

Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Isaiah 25:8 he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment