Monday, October 31, 2016

Jesus Is My Lawyer. 1 John 2:12

1 John 2:1-2 NKJV
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
Between 2000 and 2004 I worked in a hospital as the staffing clerk. I was hired "off the street" by the county for the county hospital. 
There was a lady who had applied for the position that already worked for the county at the hospital. She was not happy I had received the position over her. She was usually polite to my face and when she wasn't I ignored her "barbs". She also tried to stir up a lot of trouble for me behind my back. I would hear about things she had said or done to get me in trouble from other staff. My supervisor had even warned me to "watch my back". 
Through it all I kept reminding myself "Jesus is my defender". I knew the truth would come out without me speaking a word in my own defense. 
When you are being personally attacked by those around you, remember you have an advocate in Jesus Christ. With Him on your side, you need never utter a word because He never looses a case. 
Blessings, Cecilia 

No comments:

Post a Comment