Monday, October 3, 2016

Do you still act like a child?

1Cor13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a
child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I did away with
childish things. Eph6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger [do
not exasperate them to the point of resentment with demands that are
trivial or unreasonable or humiliating or abusive; nor by showing
favoritism or indifference to any of them], but bring them up [tenderly,
with lovingkindness] in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

There are many in our society that are not ready to grow up. There are
children having children and are not ready or do not understand the
responsibilities that go along with being a parent. As we look into the
Bible, we see how a father is to raise up their child, "in the discipline
and instruction of the Lord". I know that for me, it was church on Sunday
and the rest of the week doing whatever I wanted. Responsibility is not
easy, especially if you were never taught it. I still have some of my
childhood toys, but they are not for me to play with, my grandchildren are
playing with them. I am not sure how to reach this generation that is
distracted by the video culture, but through prayer, I am confident God
will help.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment