Saturday, October 15, 2016

2 Corinthians 9 prayer on your behalf

12For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God. 13Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all, 14while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you. 15Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!


Are you involved in a ministry? Can these verses be said of the ministry you are involved in?
I recall being involved as a chaplain at the Arizona State Veterans Home. We performed visitations on Fridays. I would have residents waiting for me at the main door, in the hall or outside their room. We would listen, pray, anoint with oil and provide communion. On one visit I was leaving the room and the retired veteran minister prayed for me when I left the room. I stopped in my tracks and bowed my head. He asked the Lord to bless my feet where ever I walked!
He is now with the Lord now and I look forward to seeing him again!
"14while they also, by prayer on your behalf, yearn for you because of the surpassing grace of God in you."
May you also be blessed by those who you serve in Jesus' name!

Blessings, David 
Scripture blog; http://stanfordsancutaryscripturestudies.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment