Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Best Laid Plans. James 4:13-17

James 4 NASB
13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, and spend a year there and engage in business and make a profit.” 14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and also do this or that.” 16 But as it is, you boast in your arrogance; all such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.
How many times in our life have we made plans and things did not turn out the way we thought? 
When I worked as office support for the county health system in Arizona I enjoyed my job. I thought I would be working there until I retired at 55. God had other plans and after 7 years I quit to be a stay at home mom to our 10 year old son. 
When I worked for Gospel Rescue Mission I thought I would be there until I retired. God decided after 2 years to move us back to Michigan. Now I say "I am currently retired" because I don't yet know what He has planned for me next. 
We can make our own plans but God really is the one in charge of them. Next time your plans go awry, go with the new direction. It's just God moving you toward His goal. 
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment