Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Why do you do what you do?

Why do you do what you do in service to the Lord, for the glory of man or
for the glory of God? There is a battle that goes on between my spirit and
my flesh at times, as to why I do what I do. There are also times I ask
myself "Why?", why am I doing something, does anybody else really care?
Then when I look into the Word, I see how I am to live. *Col 3:23 And
whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24 knowing
that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you
serve the Lord Christ.* I think of great men throughout the scriptures that
needed and gave encouragement as well. It says in *Joshua 22:5 But take
careful heed to do the commandment and the law which Moses the servant of
the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways,
to keep His commandments, to hold fast to Him, and to serve Him with all
your heart and with all your soul.”* and also in *1 Sam 12:24 Only fear the
Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great
things He has done for you.* God has and is doing great things for us
whether we see it or not. Charles Spurgeon wrote "It is only serving God
that is doing immortal work; it is only living for Christ that is living at
all".
Dear heavenly Father, please use me and all those who truly desire to bring
you glory. Show us how to take who we are, what we can do, and use it for a
greater purpose than ourselves. Help us to become who You want us to be and
not who we think we should be. Help us to live a life of service unto You
in all that with do and with "All" of our heart and soul. Help us to
glorify You in the good times and the bad. Help us to walk in purity of
mind, body and spirit. In Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment