Saturday, September 23, 2017

If You Can't Do The Time, Don't Do The Crime. Genesis 4:8-16 NLT

David and I have been watching "The Vietnam War" series on PBS by Ken Burns. The thing that has struck me while watching is how history repeats itself. I had this belief for many years that society continues to get further from God as time passes. The depth of human depravity gets worse and worse. I am now seeing things today that may not be any worse then they were during that period of history, there's just more people to commit evil. 

We have war today and we have protests. The protests today are violent just as they were then. Police and authority were assaulted and disrespected then as it is today. Society seems to get further from God, but is it disproportionate to population increase?

Cain committed pre meditated murder. He thought it out, he planned it, he lured Abel to the field. Then, when God asked Cain where his brother was, Cain tried to deny his involvement. Cain had more concern for his punishment then he had for the crime he committed. Cain feared for his life but showed no remorse for what he had done. 

Does the same apply to you? Are you more concerned with your punishment then the crime you commit? 

Lord, examine our hearts today. Reveal to us our hidden sin. Direct us to make the changes in our heart and life that You desire. We ask this in Your Name Lord Jesus, Amen

Genesis 4:8-16 NLT

8 One day Cain suggested to his brother, “Let’s go out into the fields.” And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother, Abel, and killed him. 

9 Afterward the LORD asked Cain, “Where is your brother? Where is Abel?” “I don’t know,” Cain responded. “Am I my brother’s guardian?” 

10 But the LORD said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground!  11 Now you are cursed and banished from the ground, which has swallowed your brother’s blood. 12 No longer will the ground yield good crops for you, no matter how hard you work! From now on you will be a homeless wanderer on the earth.” 

13 Cain replied to the LORD, “My punishment  is too great for me to bear!  14 You have banished me from the land and from Your presence; You have made me a homeless wanderer. Anyone who finds me will kill me!” 

15 The LORD replied, “No, for I will give a sevenfold punishment to anyone who kills you.” Then the LORD put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who might try to kill him.  16 So Cain left the LORD’s presence and settled in the land of Nod,  east of Eden. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment