Tuesday, September 19, 2017

That I may not sin against You!

What do you seek with ALL of your heart, fame, fortune, popularity? For the
believer, the child of God, the answer should be "God". Many times, life
get so busy that I have very little time to give Jesus that one-on-one time
that I need and that He desires. The Word of God has power! It has the
ability to change lives. It can show a sinner what a saint looks like. It
is written in *Ps 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping
watch [on himself] according to Your word [conforming his life to Your
precepts]. 10 With all my heart I have sought You, [inquiring of You and
longing for You]; Do not let me wander from Your commandments [neither
through ignorance nor by willful disobedience]. 11 Your word I have
treasured and stored in my heart, That I may not sin against You.(AMP)*
This is the prayer of my heart and yet I greatly struggle to have it be so.
There are many dysfunctional characters in the Scriptures that still
finished the race. As we look into the Word of God, we can understand what
God has set as a standard of life. Brethren, may we conform our lives to
God's precepts, may we look into His Word and not be ignorant or live in
willful disobedience. May our hearts desire be, to treasure and store God's
word in our hearts, and NOT sin against Him. In Jesus name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment