Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Have you truly found Jesus?

Brethren, has your life changed a little or a lot since coming to know
Jesus? I have a very addictive personality. I was a drunk by 15, I was a
drug addict in my 30's, and I have been many other things that I am to
ashamed to mention. When I came to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior, my
family thought I was crazy. My father said, that I went overboard on the
alcohol and drugs, and now I am going overboard on that Jesus stuff too. As
I learned more and more about Jesus, I desired to truly know God's plans
and purpose for my life. I started searching the scriptures for truth. I
came to know Jesus as my best friend and wanted to tell everyone, small and
great about Him. I was encouraged as I read the words from *Acts 26:22
Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing
both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the
prophets and Moses said would come— 23 that the Christ would suffer, that
He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to
the Jewish people and to the Gentiles.”24 Now as he thus made his defense,
Festus said with a loud voice, “Paul, you are beside yourself! Much
learning is driving you mad!”* I am not sure who Jesus is to you, but to
me, He is the Christ, the Son of the living God. May all of us who know
Him, proclaim Him to our sphere of influence as much as possible. Charles
Spurgeon wrote, "You have never truly found Jesus if you do not tell others
about Him". Maranatha, come quickly Lord Jesus!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment