Saturday, September 9, 2017

For what is your life?

What is your motive in ministry, and really in life? Is it to bring glory
to God or to get the recognition of men? I have seen many people throughout
the years make statements that show their heart, "I want to be a pastor",
"My church is growing", "We are going to go and do...". I think of the
words written in *James 4:13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we
will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make
a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what
is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then
vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall
live and do this or that.”* And then there are times that we need to check
our hearts in everything else that we do. The heart of the matter is truly
the matter of the heart. I think of the words of Paul written in *Col 3:23
And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance;
for you serve the Lord Christ.* The other day as I was ministering to the
body, I looked around and thought, where is everyone else? Then God spoke
quietly to my heart and said, "You take care of those that I bring to you,
I will take care of the others". Brethren, may we stay focused on God's
plan and purpose for our own lives and leave the rest up to Him.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment