Saturday, September 23, 2017

1 Peter 4- For His glory?

11If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God. If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.

When I started serving as a volunteer chaplain at the Arizona State Veterans Home pastor Douglas suggested I take a bible study in with me. Because most of them are elderly I limited it to a one or two verse study with a one line commentary. 
I was speaking as conveying the words of God.

Serving and walking through the hallways of the ASVH would hurt me physically with pain especially in my feet. I would pray to God for the strength to finish the day. By the time I got home I would collapse. 
He gave me the strength to do His will.
And I believe by serving at ASVH "in all things God may be "was" glorified through Jesus Christ".

Are you serving with the strength God supplies?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment