Monday, September 25, 2017

I must be Holy for His sake!

There are many "believers" that are living their lives in a way that is
unpleasing to God. They are living their lives in a way that is not any
different from the rest of the world. They may have the appearance of
godliness on the outside, but on the inside, what they do when no one else
is watching, would bring shame to the Lord Jesus if it would be made known.
It says in *1 Peter 1:13 So brace up your minds; be sober (circumspect,
morally alert); set your hope wholly and unchangeably on the grace (divine
favor) that is coming to you when Jesus Christ (the Messiah) is revealed.
14 [Live] as children of obedience [to God]; do not conform yourselves to
the evil desires [that governed you] in your former ignorance [when you did
not know the requirements of the Gospel]. 15 But as the One Who called you
is holy, you yourselves also be holy in all your conduct and manner of
living. 16 For it is written, You shall be holy, for I am holy.* Charles
Spurgeon wrote, "If Christ has died for me - ungodly as I am, without
strength as I am - then I can no longer live in sin, but must arouse myself
to love and serve Him who has redeemed me. I cannot trifle with the evil
that killed my best Friend. I must be holy for His sake. How can I live in
sin when He has died to save me from it?" For all those that profess Jesus
as Lord and Savior that are actively engaging in sin and think there will
be no consequences, you are wrong, sin always has consequences, you can
choose your sin, but you cannot choose your consequences. I also ask you to
think, are the moments of pleasure worth the pain that the Lord Jesus
endured upon the cross?

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment