Monday, September 4, 2017

The Gallbladder Incident. Genesis 1:24-25 NLT

Remember how I said I had been praying about studying Genesis and then discovered it was the topic for Sunday School for the kids? It was also the teaching yesterday at service. I don't think that was planned by the church, it was a Godincidence, a coincidence God orchestrated. He directs my path in the small stuff. 

I've had this happen other times in my life. The one that immediately comes to mind is what I refer to as "the gallbladder incident". I was having horrible digestive problems. I had all the testing done and a HIDA scan clearly showed my gallbladder was non functioning. Still, the surgeon said he wasn't convinced it was my gallbladder, my symptoms were not typical. He told me I had a 50/50 chance of my symptoms being eliminated. I wasn't sure if I should go through the surgery. I prayed about it. I asked the Lord to show me what to do. 

The next three appointments I attended in preparation for surgery the Christian radio station I listened to was playing at the offices. That was my confirmation I was doing the right thing. 

The gallbladder came out, and it was a good thing. The surgeon said it was starting to atrophied and would have gone sepsis. He learned not all gallbladder symptoms are typical. It took six months to get back to normal. I can no longer eat fried food or spicy dishes but that's okay, I thank God for directing my path. 

In regards to verses 24 and 25 below, if God created every sort of animal,  each producing offspring of the same kind, how could living creature evolve from primal ooze? A zebra is so different from a hippo and a giraffe is nothing like a lizard yet some claim they each evolved from the same cells that randomly came together and slithered out of mud? 

Sorry, God creating everything is so much easier to believe. 

Genesis 1:24-25 NLT

24 Then God said, “Let the earth produce every sort of animal, each producing offspring of the same kind—livestock, small animals that scurry along the ground, and wild animals.” And that is what happened.  25 God made all sorts of wild animals, livestock, and small animals, each able to produce offspring of the same kind. And God saw that it was good. 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment