Friday, September 1, 2017

The Rest of the Story. Matthew 28: 16-20 NLT

There use to be a radio program Monday through Friday around noon. First the news was read by Paul Harvey. A short time later, he did a short, true story that always had a twist ending. David and I enjoyed listening and usually stopped what we were doing to pay attention. Paul Harvey always ended the segment with "And now you know the rest of the story. Good day."

Matthew wraps up Jesus's story rather quickly. The other Gospels give a little more information on what happened after Jesus rose. Doubting Thomas, the two men on the road to Emmaus, Peter on the beach with Jesus and the "Do you love Me" conversation. 

But Matthew ends a way the others don't, with a promise. "And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” That's an awesome promise. We are never alone, He is always with us. 

In Mark 16:15 Jesus tells us to "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." That's why I post these each day. I'm doing what Jesus tells me to do, preaching His story to all I can. 

And now you know the rest of the story.....

Matthew 28: 16-20 NLT 

The Great Commission 

16 Then the eleven disciples left for Galilee, going to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.  17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him—but some of them doubted! 

18 Jesus came and told His disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth.  19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.  20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” 

Good day, 

Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment