Monday, September 25, 2017

1 Peter 4- Does the Spirit of glory and of God rest on you?

14If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.b 15Indeed, none of you should suffer as a murderer or thief or wrongdoer, or even as a meddler. 16But if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but glorify God that you bear this name.c 

Cecilia and I had friends, a husband and wife with three children. After we were born again and adopted I noticed a subtle change. He went from calling me by my first name to my last name. Life became very busy with the adoption and the needs of our son and we lost touch.
After we moved Cecilia found her Facebook page and messaged her. She blocked Cecilia. 
I can only attribute this behavior because of his past insults about Christians that they were offended by our faith in Christ.

I am saddened that we suffered a lost friendship but gladdened and "blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you" (us).

Besides, we gained many new brothers and sisters in Christ and have many new friends. We especially enjoy our Life Group that we belong to and the friendships that were kindled in this group.

Does the Spirit of glory and of God rest on you?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment