Sunday, September 24, 2017

1 Peter 4- Fiery Trials

Suffering as Christians
12Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial that has come upon you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory.

One of my devotionals that I read this morning pointed out the we live in a fallen world with Satan as its ruler. 
So, "do not be surprised at the fiery trial that has come upon you"...

One of my fiery trials is I sometimes feel overwhelmed because my inbox (jobs) is always full. I have so many things to do. Winter ❄️ is coming and time is short to get these jobs out of the inbox and into the delete box.
But when I check one off the inbox list I praise God for helping me to accomplish that job.

What fiery trials are you facing?
Health?
Work?
Relationships?
Survival in this fallen world?

Remember, we have "Job" as an example how to act during a trial!
"rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory."
If you are in a fiery trial and find it hard to praise God, pick up your bible and open it to the Book of Job.
Read it and follow his example!


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment