Friday, September 8, 2017

Are you depressed?

40, 3, 8, 1. Hal Lindsey wrote “Man can live about forty days without food,
about three days without water, about eight minutes without air...but only
for one second without hope.” There are many people that I know and have
known that battled depression, some have survived and others did not. I
know personally what it is like to struggle to make it through the day.
Stephen Fry wrote, " If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve
never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad
situation; depression just is, like the weather. Try to understand the
blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be
there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a
friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest,
and best things you will ever do." There is one verse that comes to mind
that encourages me and I share with others to encourage them as well.
*Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they
comfort me.* I want to let all those who are suffering with depression know
that, YOU are NOT alone. Jesus loves you and I love you too!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment