Thursday, September 21, 2017

Innocent Victims. Genesis 4:1-7 NLT

We all react differently when we are angry. We also all react differently to different situations. What angers me one day may not bother me a week later. Sometimes I control my anger well, other times I don't. The offense that sets me off the most? When I see someone treated unjustly or when I feel I am treated unfair. I struggle with this concept. Who am I to judge what "justice" is or what is fair? 

Ephesians tells us our anger gives Satan a way into our life, it cracks the door and lets bitterness creep in. Ephesians 4:26 And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.”Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a foothold to the devil." Cain cracked the door. When God rejected Cain's offering, instead of doing what was right, Cain let bitterness take creep in and take hold. Cain was really mad at God for rejecting him but as we will see, took it out on Abel, an innocent victim. 

Genesis 4:1-7 NLT

1 Now Adam had sexual relations with his wife, Eve, and she became pregnant. When she gave birth to Cain, she said, “With the LORD’s help, I have produced a man!”  2 Later she gave birth to his brother and named him Abel. 

When they grew up, Abel became a shepherd, while Cain cultivated the ground.  3 When it was time for the harvest, Cain presented some of his crops as a gift to the LORD.  4 Abel also brought a gift—the best of the firstborn lambs from his flock. The LORD accepted Abel and his gift,  5 but he did not accept Cain and his gift. This made Cain very angry, and he looked dejected. 

6 “Why are you so angry?” the LORD asked Cain. “Why do you look so dejected?  7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master.” 


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment