Sunday, September 17, 2017

Walking With God. Genesis 3:8 NLT

I enjoy going for walks. Not necessarily hikes, although I did that when I was younger, but just long relaxing walks. When we lived in Arizona I would go early in the morning during the summer. Wintertime I would go late morning when the temperature warmed up a bit. 

I've always named my routes. I had "The Hill Walk" that took me up several steep hills in the Catalina Foothills. Then there was the " My Property " walk which took me to s piece of land I dreamed of owning but was out of our budget. 

Here in Michigan I have "The Gassquatch Trail" because of the noise coming from underground water going  through the natural gas pipeline. It sounds like something freaky hiding in the woods. 

In Genesis 3:8 we see what I believe is the first "Christophany" in the Bible. God walking in the Garden of Eden with Adam and Eve. It sounds like this was a regular occurrence for them, to walk with God in the Garden. Now, the Bible tells us in John 1:18 "No one has ever seen God." To me, that means God in His human form, Jesus,  walked with Adam and Eve. After the fall, they lost that fellowship with Him. 

Genesis 3:8 NLT

8 When the cool evening breezes were blowing, the man and his wife heard the LORD God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the LORD God among the trees.  


Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment