Sunday, September 10, 2017

1 Peter 3- Honor and Love Your Wife

7Husbands, in the same way, treat your wives with consideration as a delicate vessel, and with honor as fellow heirs of the gracious gift of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

Men, do you honor and love your wife?
Take note Christian, read this warning from Peter. "so that your prayers will not be hindered."!

Do you, "treat your wives with consideration as a delicate vessel, and with honor as fellow heirs of the gracious gift of life"?

If you claim to have the love of Christ in you then you shouldn't treat your wife as an inferior vessel.

I'm a perfectionist, sometimes to my own detriment but this is the way God made me. I'm also technical and able to take things apart and fix them. It's a gift from God. BUT when when I use these attributes and gifts and project them onto my wife I'm not loving her and acting with the love of Christ. 
Men, we are called to love our wives for who they are.

Dear Heavenly Father, help us love and honor our wives with the same love you have for us. In Jesus name I pray.

Blessings, David 


No comments:

Post a Comment