Monday, September 11, 2017

1 Peter 3- Pray for them!

Turning from Evil
8Finally, all of you, be like-minded and sympathetic, love as brothers, be tender-hearted and humble. 9Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 

The natural response to hostility is retaliation. 
Any of you grow up with siblings? Wasn't it usually tit for tat? My mom was a stay at home mother with six children. The "boys" had a large bedroom in the basement. My older brother and I had a bunkbed. I would be sleeping on top and he would come to bed and push up with his legs on the board foundation for my mattress rocking it side to side, waking me up. One night I had enough and purposely rolled to on side so the board and mattress with me on top fell through on top of him below. It was my tit for tat and I refused to move, getting even with him as he screamed for me to get up.

How many wars were started because of retaliation?

As Christians we are to pray for those who persecute us. Do you have a hostile neighbor? Pray for them!
Do you have a hostile coworker? Pray for them!
You can even try buying them lunch or a meal!
Try kindness and it may eventually pay off. 
I remember at work I would hold the doors open for coworkers to walk through. Some would refuse, some would pull the door closed in front of me. I kept it up and after six months they would hold the door open for me!

What act of kindness can you show today?


Blessings, David 

No comments:

Post a Comment