Saturday, September 23, 2017

If sinners be damned!

There are many people that read what I write that do not really know me or
anything about me. Some may remember me from Palo Verde high school and the
kind of person I was, and it was selfish and sinful. Some may have met me
through out my life and seen me when I was a drunk or on drugs. In 2000, at
the age of 36, I became a Christian. Some say that I have gone overboard.
My father once said that I went overboard on the alcohol and the drugs and
now I have gone overboard on that Jesus stuff too. He was absolutely
correct. Shortly before my father died I witnessed him become a "Born Again
Christian". I take the words of my Lord seriously, *Mark16:15 And He said
to them, Go into all the world and preach and publish openly the good news
(the Gospel) to every creature [of the whole human race].* The great
commission is not a suggestion. If hell is as bad as the bible says it is,
no Christian should be silent and let someone go without a fight. Charles
Spurgeon wrote “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over
our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped
about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it
be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and
unprayed for.” I would rather someone be upset with me for telling them
that Jesus loves them, than to have a peaceful relationship in silence and
let them go to hell. There is a change coming to our world. I am not trying
to be an alarmist or a survivalist, I want to be a REVIVALIST. I try to
live my life in the way the Lord Jesus spoke, *Mark 12:30 And you shall
love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with
all your soul (your life) and out of and with all your mind (with your
faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all
your strength. This is the first and principal commandment.* There are many
days that I fail to achieve this, thank God for His grace. Maranatha, come

quickly Lord Jesus.
Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment