Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Who do you hang out with?

Ps1:1 Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor
stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful

Show me who you hang out with and I will show you who you are. The Bible is
clear on who we are to spend our "free time" with. It even goes as far as
to how we are to live life. It is made clear in 2Corinthians6:14 Do not be
unequally yoked together with unbelievers. This needs to be applied to
personal relationships and even business partnerships. I have seen many
brethren get sidetracked in their work for the Lord due to poor choices in
relationships because of loneliness and fear. I was married when I became a
Christian and it was very difficult and painful for me because my wife did
not want to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus. She knew who God was and
did not want to serve Him. In Psalms 1, it talks about walking, standing
and sitting with the ungodly, sinners and the scornful. To be blessed, we
must be careful who we allow into our lives. Many of us work with
unbelievers because we have to provide for our families. After the day is
done though, we have to make a conscious decision to try to bring them into
God's kingdom and not let them take us to the devil's.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment