Tuesday, March 7, 2017

1 Thessalonians 4 Work with your own hands

9Now about brotherly love, you do not need anyone to write to you, because you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another. 10And indeed, you are showing this love to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to excel more and more 11and to aspire to live quietly, to attend to your own matters, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you. 12Then you will behave properly toward outsiders, without being dependent on anyone.


Love one another, don't be busybodies, gossiping about things that don't concern you. Live quietly attending to your own matters and work with your own hands. Good advice.

When I was about eighteen I had a wise older man tell me, David whatever you do in life, learn to do it with your hands and you will never be out of work. I went to trade school and became a mechanic. My older brother was a builder and I did side jobs with him. I still to this day fix everything myself. The wise older man was correct. Even when the economy came to a halt, I still found work and supported myself and household without being dependent on anyone.

My advice to you if you're young, learn a skill that you can do with your hands, perfect it and whatever you decide to do for a living you will have a skill to fall back on.

Remember, Jesus was a carpenter before He became our Savior!

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment