Saturday, March 25, 2017

I am sorry Lord!

"I am sorry Lord", are words that I say more than I would like too and yet
I know that the reason I say them now is that I am more aware of my sin
than I have ever been before.There are things that I do that are not
pleasing to God. I remember a conversation I had where, I said some thing
that wasn't nice. Immediately I said, "Lord forgive me". Someone standing
there said that my problem was that I repented too quickly. To which I
responded, how can a person ever repent too quickly? Sometimes it seems as
though "the Cross" is not enough. I look at the pictures and images of
Jesus crucified and it does not affect me like I think it should. His back
ripped open by the whip, the crown of thorns, His nail pierced hands and
feet, His pierced side, the brutality of the cross, and it just does not
sink in. All four of the Gospel have the account of the people yelling
"Crucify Him". Sometimes I feel like I am one of the crowd. There is an
acronym that helps me to stay focused. H.A.L.T. Be careful when you are
Hungry, Angry, Lonely,Tired. The brutality of the cross should remind us of
how beautiful our Savior is. Praying for you my brethren.

Matthew 27:22 “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called the Messiah?”
 Pilate asked.They all answered, “Crucify him!”
Mark 15:13 “Crucify him!” they shouted.
Luke 23:21 But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
John 19:6 Therefore, when the chief priests and officers saw Him, they
cried out, saying, “Crucify *Him,* crucify *Him!*”

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment