Sunday, March 26, 2017

1 Timothy 1 Who will you be handed over to?

God's Grace to Paul
12I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, that He considered me faithful and appointed me to service. 13I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a violent man; yet because I had acted in ignorance and unbelief, I was shown mercy. 14And the grace of our Lord overflowed to me, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst. 16But for this very reason I was shown mercy, so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display His perfect patience, as an example to those who would believe in Him for eternal life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, and invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
18Timothy, my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith. 20Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

I was formally a .......(fill in you sins here).

Gods Grace to David
I was formally a blasphemer, a persecutor, a violent man, a thief, a liar, lustful, a drunkard, a fornicaror, a sinner.........Yes I was and am a sinner! I thank God for Jesus Christ because without Him I have condemned myself by my sins! I was shown mercy!
The grace of our Lord overflowed to me, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

Repeat after me, Jesus Christ came into the world to save me of whom I am the worst! Sin is sin, it's all black and dark to God. Do be like the Pharisee who with pride prayed he was thankful he was not like this man!
The Pharisee and Tax Collector
9To some who trusted in their own righteousness and viewed others with contempt, He also told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive.’
13But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner!’ 14I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Are you humble?

Brethren, "my child, I entrust you with this command in keeping with the previous prophecies about you, so that by them you may fight the good fight, 19holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith."
Father, I pray that all those reading this devotional today will be humble, confess their sins to you, be strong in their faith of Jesus Christ and be never handed over to Satan. In Jesus name I pray, amen.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment