Friday, March 3, 2017

Unclean, Unclean!

Matt8:2 And a leper came up to Him and bowed down before Him, saying,
“Lord, if You are willing, You are able to make me clean (well).” 3 Jesus
reached out His hand and touched him, saying, “I am willing; be cleansed.”
Immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

Unclean, Unclean, is a message that I feel that I should yell out because
of what I do in the flesh. I have a friend that kept telling me how wicked
and wretched he was, and my response was, "you are not bad". He was looking
at himself in the reflection of Jesus and before an Almighty God, and I was
looking at him through the eyes of man. Charles Spurgeon wrote, "While
others are congratulating themselves, I have to sit humbly at the foot of
the cross and marvel that I’m saved at all". A leper came to Jesus and
acknowledged Jesus as Lord and knew that Jesus had the ability to heal.
Jesus touched the man and immediately the leprosy left him. We can be
cleansed as we confess our sin, our leprosy before God. We must also take
to heart that if sin is so bad that Jesus had to die for it, then it is so
bad that we must stop practicing it. God's grace and mercy are not owed to
us so that we can keep on sinning. It is given to us because God loves us
and wants us to have fellowship with Him.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment