Saturday, March 11, 2017

Battles of the flesh.

Matt 9:11... “Why does your Master eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12
But when Jesus heard this, He said, “Those who are healthy have no need for
a physician, but [only] those who are sick. 13 Go and learn what this
[Scripture] means: ‘I desire compassion [for those in distress], and not
[animal] sacrifice,’ for I did not come to call [to repentance] the
[self-proclaimed] righteous [who see no need to change], but sinners [those
who recognize their sin and actively seek forgiveness].”

Battles of the flesh seem to happen way to often for me. I am not sure
about anyone else, but I wake up in the morning, trying to figure out who
will I obey. Charles Spurgeon wrote, "While others are congratulating
themselves, I have to lie humbly at the foot of Christ's cross & marvel
that I am saved at all". When sin overtakes or even tempts a Christian,
they seem to fall away. Fall away from fellowship with other believers and
more importantly, fall away from fellowship with Jesus. D.L. Moody wrote,
"The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible".
Jesus came to call the sinners to repentance, those who actively seek
forgiveness. I have regret and remorse over my own sin, because I know that
my sin separates me from God. Dear brethren, as we sin may we repent
quickly, and trust in the God of grace and mercy. Dear heavenly Father,
please forgive us for our sins, we understand that we are not sinless, but
please help us to sin less, in Jesus name, and all of God children said,
amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment