Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A Man Named Jesus. Matthew 9:1-8 NLT

What is more important? Physical healing or forgiveness of sins? Physical healing is only temporary. Forgiveness of sins is eternal.
For me, salvation came the moment I accepted God's forgiveness of my sins. That moment at church one Sunday morning in 2001 or 2002 when I finally understood and accepted that God loved me and forgave me of all my past sins. It was the moment I realized Jesus died on the cross for ME. The moment I understand the sacrifice He made because He loves me, even though I wouldn't be born for about 1995 more years, God thought of me when He hung on the cross in the form of a man named Jesus. 
Then, once and for all, to defeat death completely, He walked out of that grave 3 days later and once again walked the earth. 40 days later, He ascended through the clouds to Heaven to prepare a place for me. 
And He did it for you too.
So I'll ask you again, whats more important?  Physical healing or forgiveness of sins?
Matthew 9:1-8 NLT
Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man
1 Jesus climbed into a boat and went back across the lake to his own town. 2Some people brought to Him a paralyzed man on a mat. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “Be encouraged, my child! Your sins are forgiven.”
3 But some of the teachers of religious law said to themselves, “That’s blasphemy! Does He think He's God?”
4 Jesus knew what they were thinking, so He asked them, “Why do you have such evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Is it easier to say ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or ‘Stand up and walk’? 6 So I will prove to you that the Son of Man has the authority on earth to forgive sins.” Then Jesus turned to the paralyzed man and said, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!”
7 And the man jumped up and went home! 8 Fear swept through the crowd as they saw this happen. And they praised God for sending a man with such great authority.
Blessings, Cecilia


No comments:

Post a Comment