Sunday, March 19, 2017

Jesus Slept. Matthew 8:23-27

When I was 16 years old my Mom died suddenly in the night from a massive heart attack. She was only 46. To date, it is still the the biggest storm of my life. 
In contrast, when my Dad died in 2013, I was at peace. I was at peace because I knew Jesus was walking through it with me. I was at peace because Jesus carried me when I couldn't walk. I was at peace because Jesus had told me "Everything will be okay" 
Sometimes everything being okay isnt the outcome we want. Sometimes everything being okay isn't a love one being healed. Sometimes everything being okay is as simple as Jesus's peace in the middle of the storm.  
Matthew 8-23-27
Jesus Calms the Storm
23 Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. 24 Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!”
26 Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!”Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.
27 The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!”
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment