Monday, March 20, 2017

Are you sinless?

Sinner saved by grace. Recently I stated that I know that I sin. I was told
that I was of the devil and not of God. I asked this person if they were
sinless and there response was "yes". I started to share different
scriptures, saying this person was deceived, 1John1:8. In Isaiah64:6, our
righteousness is like filthy rags. For me, there is a battle that goes on
inside me on a daily basis, maybe it is because I desire to live a holy and
dedicated life for the glory of God. Jesus speaks of the war with the thief
in John10:10, whose purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. Jesus said, He
came so we can have life and life more abundantly. In Romans7, Paul writes
of the battles that he faces, saying that he is a creature of the flesh.
Paul also writes in "Romans8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to
those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but
according to the Spirit." I confess to to all my brethren that I am not
sinless but I am trying to sin less. Please pray for me as I pray for you
all. We MUST not sin so that grace abound, but when we sin, KNOW that grace
abounds.

Romans 5:20 But the Law came to increase and expand [the awareness of] the
trespass [by defining and unmasking sin]. But where sin increased, [God’s
remarkable, gracious gift of] grace [His unmerited favor] has surpassed it
and increased all the more, 21 so that, as sin reigned in death, so also
grace would reign through righteousness which brings eternal life through
Jesus Christ our Lord.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment