Thursday, March 16, 2017

Have you considered my servant .....?

"Why" is the age old question that I know that I battle with and so do many
others. As we look at the Book of Job we see that we are not alone. In Job
1:8 it says that, "...there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and
upright man, one who fears God [with reverence] and abstains from and turns
away from evil [because he honors God]." I read these words and desire to
be that man more than ever. Job lost everything and did not sin before God.
I cannot remember fighting battles like the ones I do now before I came to
Christ. Some times I feel like God has said to Satan. Have you considered
my servant, Douglas? I ask, Why? Why did my marriage fail? Why did my
children abandon me? Why do I struggle with health, depression, loneliness,
fear, self doubt, worthiness before God and so many other things? Why has
God left me where I am in life? I come to the same realization that Job
did. God is Sovereign! And who am I to question God? I look to another
Scripture and understand that it is not about "me". It is about those who
are "called".

Romans 8:28 And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply
concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good
for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and
purpose.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment