Sunday, May 7, 2017

Why do you do what you do?

Why do you do what you do, to draw attention to yourself, to be noticed by
people, to glory in what you have accomplished, maybe to show others how
beautiful you are and that you are special to the world? The words of Paul
strike me to the inner most part of who I am, *Galatians 6:14 But far be it
from me to boast [in anything or anyone], except in the cross of our Lord
Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the
world.* There have been subjects that I written on recently, that I have
been chastised for. People making comments about my testimony and
tribulations. I want to make something perfectly clear to all who read what
I write. All I have is because of Jesus, and all I want to do is to let
others know that. I will boast in His righteousness, His love for me and
for all human kind. I will boast in His grace, mercy and forgiveness. I
think of the song verses, "What can wash away my sins, nothing but the
blood of Jesus. What can make me whole again, nothing but the blood of
Jesus". My prayer is that when people look at me, they see Jesus
reflection. When they hear the words that I speak, that they are words of
love, the love of the Savior. A few more words from the song that touch my
heart and hopefully yours as well, "O precious is the flow, that makes me
white as snow. No other fount I know, nothing but the blood of Jesus". May
my life and yours, always be about Jesus and share about His birth, life,
crucifixion and His resurrection. I am nothing, He is my everything.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment