Monday, May 15, 2017

I Know. Matthew 16:22-23 NLT

Today, I am seeing things from a human point of view. My dearest long time friend, Sandy, went to be with Jesus yesterday after 109 days in the hospital. She left her home one Thursday in January for a cardiologist appointment and was hospitalized. 5 days later she underwent bypass and valve replacement surgery. She was never able to recover.
I know she is in Heaven, I know I will see her again, I know she is out of pain, no longer suffers, I even know, towards the end, all that transpired was her choice. I know she knew she would not get better. I know her final thoughts were for her husband Ken to be taken care of. I know how much they loved each other. 
Yet I grieve. I have lost a good friend. I will miss the times we had together. I will miss her wisdom and support. I will miss the little gifts she was always giving me that decorate every corner of my home. I will miss our long telephone conversations when we were states apart. 
All of us who had the pleasure of knowing Sandy were made to feel special in her presence. I know she would not want me to grieve and I know she would comfort me if she was here. I know I will miss her the rest of my life.
Thank you Jesus that you knew what you had to do so I could one day see Sandy again. I thank God no one could stop You from fulfilling Your mission.
Matthew 16:22-23 NLT
22 But Peter took Him aside and began to reprimand Him for saying such things. “Heaven forbid, Lord,” he said. “This will never happen to You!”
23 Jesus turned to Peter and said, “Get away from Me, Satan! You are a dangerous trap to Me. You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment