Thursday, May 4, 2017

Titus 2 Are you encouraged?


God's Grace Brings Salvation
11For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men. 12It instructs us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live sensible, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13as we await the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ. 14He gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
15Speak these things as you encourage and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

How did Gods grace appear to you? For me it was sitting in a Calvary Tucson Church service, sitting where I didn't want to be, in a church where I thought I was betraying my Catholic beliefs, even though I was only a ChrisEaster, someone who only attends church on Christmas and Easter. Gods grace reached down and plucked me from my sin and bestowed grace on me. He called me a son of God.

Even though I don't remember the exact date and time, Jesus and the Angels do, for they rejoiced at the moment of my salvation.
He showed me my sin, He showed me the Way, He showed me grace, He showed me salvation, He gave Himself for me to redeem me from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a man, a sinner for His own possession.
I speak these things to encourage you if you haven't been saved or if you haven't used your testimony to encourage others.

Are you encouraged?

Blessings, David

Behold, what wondrous grace the Father hath bestowed on sinners of a mortal race, to call them sons of God.
Isaac Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment