Friday, May 26, 2017

Encourage each other to endure!

Rejoice, a trial is coming, you are in one now or you just got passed one!
It says in *James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into
various trials...* Everyday there are people that I meet in passing, ones
that I know and even ones that I dearly love that are going through
something that they are not joyous about. Health of themselves or a family
member, financial problems, work issues, relationships that are a struggle
and the list goes on. Sometimes life gets overwhelming. There are times
that people are having mental and emotional challenges and they just want
the pain to stop. I have heard it said that God will not give you more than
you can handle. I know there are certain scriptures that say, *1 Cor
10:13...but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond
what you are able...* and *Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who
strengthens me.* These are all well and good, but, I know for myself at
times, God has given me more than I can handle. But I have never been given
more than He can handle. A friend sent me a message recently saying, "I
pray you survive the day". My response was simple and to the point, "I pray
I don't". I pray over the words of Paul, *Phil 1:21 For to me, to live is
Christ, and to die is gain. 22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will
mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell. 23 For I
am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with
Christ, which is far better. 24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more
needful for you.* Brethren, may we encourage each other to endure and know
that God is in control and will help us through.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment