Thursday, May 18, 2017

Hebrews 3 What is your Heavenly calling?

Hebrews 3
Berean Study Bible
Jesus Our Apostle and High Priest
1Therefore, holy brothers, who share in the heavenly calling, set your minds on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. 2He was faithful to the One who appointed Him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.

Setting your minds on Jesus. Sometimes it's not easy. I must confess as I watch or listen to the news I have murdered in my heart towards the opposition party, the resistors, throwing roadblocks and lies towards our president and his administration. And when I catch myself I pray for forgiveness and pray that our God who appoints kings to shine His light on the lies and expose the evil in Washington DC.

What is our heavenly calling? To follow Jesus, to display His love towards all mankind, to set OUR minds on Jesus. Jesus was faithful unto death to the One (Father) who appointed Him. Remember His prayer in the garden?
Luke 22:42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."
His will was for His Son to die on the cross for you.

Brethren, remember Jesus is your Apostle, your High Priest who intercedes for you to the Father. He earned that position (right) on the cross with His blood.

Blessings, David

No comments:

Post a Comment