Saturday, May 6, 2017

Did I do enough?

What does it take to save a life? Have you ever looked at someone deep in
their eyes, seen the pain in their heart and soul, and walked right on by?
I know that people have done it to me more than once, and I have tried hard
never to do that to anyone else. There are so many people that may not say
it with their mouth, but you can feel their heart. "I need hope." "I have
doubts and fear." "I am so lost." "I pray that God hears me." "Where did I
go wrong?" Doing the "right thing" is not always easy and usually comes
with consequences. It takes time, care, concern and selflessness to help
others. It says in *Galatians 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so
fulfill the law of Christ.* and in, *6:9 And let us not grow weary while
doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10
Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to
those who are of the household of faith.* Over the years, I have seen the
battles that many people have faced, some survived and some have not. My
question to myself is, did I do enough? And then I think about, what does
it take to give some one hope? Would you give a hug to a unclean homeless
person? Would you ask a stranger their name? How about tell a drug addict
or a drunk that Jesus loves them? Would you send a text message to a friend
that is struggling to make it through the day, it only takes 3 seconds? May
God give all His children, eyes to see, ears to hear and a heart to love,
the ones that need it most. In Jesus precious and powerful name, amen.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment