Saturday, May 20, 2017

Hebrews 3 Are you following His urgency?

Do Not Harden Your Hearts

7Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today if you hear His voice,
8do not harden your hearts,
as you did in the rebellion,
in the time of testing in the wilderness,
9where your fathers tried Me by testing Me,
and for forty years saw My works.
10Therefore I was angry with that generation,
and I said,
‘Their hearts always go astray,
and they have not known My ways.’
11So I swore on oath in My anger,
‘They shall never enter My rest.’”

These verses are a Quotation from Psalm 95:7–11
When the Holy Spirit speaks to use today, when you feel that tug on your heart, we are reminded of the urgency He speaks to us in. He is saying now not tomorrow.
When you walk by someone, has He put on your heart to speak to them about Jesus?
Did you follow His urgency?
When someone asks for prayer, did you pray immediately for them or did you say I will add you to my prayer list? Are you following His urgency?

Brethren there may not be a tomorrow for you or them!
Do not harden you hearts in disbelief! If you don't follow His leading, if you don't abide by His request, isn't it the same as disbelief? And if disbelief isn't it rebellion? And if rebellion isn't it testing? How many years will you only see His works and not be of His works?
Don't let your heart go astray, but follow His ways, follow His prompting of your heart.
Listen to His urgency and enter His rest.

Blessings, David




No comments:

Post a Comment