Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Broken dreams, promises and heart ❤️

Through out my life, it seems as though that I have walked through more
valleys than I have walked on the hills or had mountain top experiences.
People on the outside, look at my life and see how blessed that I am. The
problem is, they do not see within. The battles that I face everyday, are
battles against the enemy and his demons that only God and I know about.
The purpose of the enemy is clear, in *John 10:10 The thief comes only in
order to steal and kill and destroy...*. There are may times that I have
struggled just to make it through the day. My life has been filled with
broken dreams, broken promises, and I have experienced a broken heart, one
to many times. There have been many times throughout my life when all I
have known is failure and defeat, loneliness and despair. The reason that I
am sharing this, is because I believe that I am not alone in having these
feelings and emotions. I also want all those who read this to understand,
that I know the truth. I know without a doubt that my God is with me
whether I feel it or not. I look to His promises and they bring me comfort
and hope, *Hebrews 13:5...for He has said, “I will never [under any
circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support,
nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you
down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!”* My desire is to experience
a life that Jesus came to give me, *John 10:10...I came that they may have
and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].*
I have prayed prayers from brokenness and weakness. God has spoken clearly
in return, *2 Cor 12:9 but He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for
you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always
available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected
[and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.”
Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the
power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.* Maranatha

- come quickly Lord Jesus!

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment