Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Set Free. Matthew 16:25-26 NLT

There's a song by Toby Mac with lyrics that say "I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my soul." That completely summarizes what Jesus is saying here. It's one or the other, you can't have both. You can't live your life for the things of this world, and expect eternal life in Heaven. 
I'm feeling "selfish" today. Selfish I mourn for Sandy. I am also feeling happy for her. Oh the joy she must be experiencing! One day I will experience that joy too!
"You don't lose a seed when you plant it, though it seems dead and buried. Instead, you set the seed free to be what it was always intended to be." David Guzik
Matthew 16: 25-26 NLT
25 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for My sake, you will save it. 26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul? 
Blessings, Cecilia

No comments:

Post a Comment