Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Drug Addiction

My heart aches. Recently, I have learned of 2 different men who have died
due to drugs. Austin, who I did not know and Cole, who I tried to minister
to over a few year period of time. I remember the day of my salvation like
it was yesterday, and it has been almost 17 years. The T.V. was on that day
to a Christian show. The guy said that there was a man in Tucson Arizona
that has a drug problem and that God was going to help him with it. There
were a lot of guys in Tucson that were on drugs. I know for a fact though,
that God helped me get off of the meth and stay clean. But what about these
guys and so many others? Sometimes it is because of who we hang out with.
*1 Cor 15:33 Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships
(communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and
character.* Many times it is because of issues that draw people to excess.
*Prov 23:29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has
complaining? Who has wounds without cause? Who has redness and dimness of
eyes?* and then *31 Do not look at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in
the wineglass, when it goes down smoothly. 32 At the last it bites like a
serpent and stings like an adder.* For those that have no idea what it is
like to be addicted to drugs, Guns and Roses sang a song, Mr. Brownstone,
about heroin. A few of the lyrics explain the need, "I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do So the little got more and more I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better Said a little better than before". Please pray for
these 2 families that are dealing with loss as well of all those who are
affected by drugs all around us. And praise God along with me for all of us
who survived the claws of this evil nightmare.

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment