Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Sin of Omission!

Sin - Hebrew hata "sin" originates in archery and literally refer to
missing the "gold" at the centre of a target, but hitting the target. There
are many different types of sin that we commit everyday. Willful
disobedience, we know it is wrong and we do not take the efforts to stop
it. There are many unknown sins that we commit, sometimes due to the fact
that we are unaware of what God has spoken through His word. Then there is
the one that I probably struggle with the most, the sin of omission, not
doing what I know without a doubt God has called me to do. A classic
example is found in *Luke 10:30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain
man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who
stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half
dead.* Three different people came by, the first saw and passed by, the
second came and looked and passed by, the third had compassion and helped.
Many times I have put blinders on, saw something and did not want to get
involved because I was too busy. Other times, I came and looked and then
passed by, maybe said a half-hearted prayer. These are the moments of my
life that I am ashamed of before my God. God has given all of His children
the responsibility to show compassion and the love of Jesus Christ.
Brethren, if you are led by the Spirit to do something, do it! Whether it
is uncomfortable or not. It says in *James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows
to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.*

Douglas 

No comments:

Post a Comment